Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dylan's poems

God met Dylan at the nursery door.
Dylan asked to stay a little more.
"How can I ever let them go?
You see my family needs me so."
God took him by his little hand and said,
"Dear child, they'll understand.
You must come with me today
and be in Heaven's Christmas play.
The role I have for you will be
the sweetest Angel on our tree.

So look into the sky tonight
and see him shining there so bright.
His little soul so bright and proud
glows within his golden shroud.
Remember when you're sad and blue,
he'll always be a part of you.
And if our lives are pure and true,
we'll shine with him in Heaven too.


(Written by Dylan's gramdma Jaye)







PLEASE, don't ask me if I'm over it yet.
I'll never be over it.
PLEASE, don't tell me he's in a better place.
He isn't here with me.
PLEASE, don't say at least he isn't suffering.
I haven't come to terms with why he had to suffer at all.
PLEASE, don't tell me you know how I feel,
Unless you've lost a child.
PLEASE, don't ask me if I feel better.
Breavement isn't a condition that clears up.
PLEASE, don't tell me at least you had him for four days.
What day would you choose for your child to die?
PLEASE, don't tell me God never gives us more than we can bear.


PLEASE, just say you are sorry.
PLEASE, just say you remember him, if you do.
PLEASE, just let me talk about him.
PLEASE, mention his name.
PLEASE, just let me cry.







Though now one year has passed on by,
We often feel the need to cry
For our precious little boy.
That would have filled our hearts with joy.
How could we love this child so much
We barely had the chance to touch?
He was a precious gift of love
Sent from our Father up above.
As we beheld his eyes so bright,
We prayed that he would be alright.
Though he was ours for just four days,
He touched our lives in so many ways.
It broke his parents hearts, I know
To let their little angel go.
And though we miss him everyday
And wish that we could watch him play.
We know he's happy there above,
Cradled in our Father's love.
Cause when he left this earthly place,
A little smile was on his face.


(written for Kelly from Dylan)

As I look down from here above.
I see a home that's filled with love.
You are the best dad there could be
And that's why God let you have me.
You loved me from the very start,
I know I'm always in your heart.
You used to lay awake at night,
And pray that I would be alright.
I felt your pain and anger too,
When there was nothing you could do.
I felt so safe when you would stand
Beside my crib and stroke my hand.
Your voice as gentle as can be,
You spoke such soothing words to me.
I saw your courage fear and love,
As I went to be with God above.
I watch Dakota playing ball,
And Madylan so sweet and small.
I know you'll teach them right from wrong,
And they will grow up good and strong.
Take care of Mommy night and day,
And don't forget each night to pray.
Please don't cry and don't be blue.
I'm all around I'm part of you.
Daddy please don't you grieve for me.
My world is happy as can be.
And when your life on earth is done,
I'll meet you here beyond the sun.



Today is my birthday, this year I'm two.
I love you mommy! This poems for you.

My life on earth was not very long,
Cause my little body was just not strong.
God made me a promise when He sent me there,
To find the best mother to give me good care.
He searched the world over and you were the one.
He chose to care for me 'til my life was done.
God knew you would love me right from the start,
You carried me proudly, so close to your heart.
But sometimes life doesn't go like we choose,
And one day the doctor gave you some bad news.
He said my time would be short on earth,
I wouldn't survive long after my birth.
Your heart filled with sorrow and you hardly slept,
And night after night you prayed and you wept.
I felt your pain, your fear and your grief,
But, your strength and courage were beyond belief.
Someday my brother and little sisters too,
And also the baby you never knew.
Will meet here in Heaven with Daddy and you,
And every promise God made will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dylan's songs!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones